Project and Build Forum Post pics and step by step instructions for any projects or car builds you are working on to keep everyone updated.

Merc6's Mini Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2k2cse
Thats interesting how that one has both the dome light and the rear lights. I wonder how hard it would be to hook up the dome light, and the light control you're missing in the map lights..
Was gonna run the missing wire to the harness of the mirror just need to find where that wire is. The J Yard cars except that limited were missing mirror and the wires. Yeah wires too I guess they do break.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

I wonder if they run to the rear lights? I'll pull the A-pillar covers off of my car tomorrow to see if I can find those wires running down there, and if they do, find out where they go.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

I plugged the J yard mirror up to my harness and it didn't come on with the other lights. Map lights and the auto dim still worked tho.Take a pic of the wires on your mirror wire harness like I did in the OnStar/Headight post and I can go from there with the book. missing the last 2 on the left(drivers side of the mirror). Worst case I can gut the old mirror when I get a chance to put the new one on to see where those 2 pins go.

Another idea was pull that header in that 97 and see if there was the hardware for a OSHI+ handle for drivers side and just install the 2 rear lights in the front. That or grab the dome light. there was one in all 4 cars out there just have to find the covers if they are still under the cars like that center console and glove box were.

Well I managed to make the right choices according to this article. The UIM has the same egr setup and the least restrictive one. I almost got the minivan stuff...

http://wot-tech.com/shop/articles/ch...ds/cat_64.html

Last edited by Merc6; 12-14-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

I'll see if I can get a decent picture. I just got home, and it's dark out now, but I'll see what I can do.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

I couldn't get a clear picture. My phone's flash and lens is terrrible, and it wouldn't focus on the wires. I'll try again tomorrow in the sun

Old 11-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

All I needed was the colors to verify if the book was remotely right. It shows all the colors for the center dome and OSHI handles but neglects the mirror. Most diagrams I seen at least give me the pins for the harnesses. This book is the eqivilent of a paperback Wikipedia.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Merc6's Mini Build-1114011438.jpg

Here's the picture. I pulled back my a pillar covers, and the only wires running down there was the one for my remote start antenna. I guess the wires for the mirror go back along the roof.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Grey red and white it is. You have auto dim as well right? Not sure when OnStar left the car phone and went to the mirrors.

Black and grey runs from bcm but looks like the rear OSHI handles might have the wires going to the mirror. White doesn't touch the mirror in the book but it's labeled theater dim 1 and grey is dim 2. Green is theater dim ground.

Last edited by Merc6; 11-15-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, I do have the autodim.

The Onstar might have been early 2000's. I don't think I've seen any older cars with it in person.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Page 24 of the 1998 Buick Century shows it was an option on the 1980's looking car phone. Not sure how good it was cause my parents didn't really use OnStar till like 04-05 when they went from Olds to Caddi's. Not a fan of how they deal with stolen vehicles. You have to call the police, they show, start a report, get a police report number, then that number is used to tell OnStar this a legit stolen vehicle, then they find it in whatever condition it's in from the time it was really stolen and them finding it. Call OnStar 1st and you guarantee the wheels and the engine are already gone cause they won't do anything till you call the cops 1st.

Just seen a few more things I might want to do. Folding seats even if it means swapping the entire interior out. I'd i'm lucky heated seats work too. In my Legacy I had cloth with no heat but when swapping over the wires for heated was already there waiting for the seats and button to be plug and play. When did they kill off the heated mirrors?

Found these to replace my semi faded Buick bumper letters. Debating on light silver or black. Reflective of course. Just need to find someone on the other forums to vouch they ship eventually. I had something like this back when I had my 03 Marauder and they took 6 months to ship.

http://www.reflectiveconcepts.com/p6...duct_info.html

Reflective Black on my Marauder
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...r/DSCI3688.jpg

Last edited by Merc6; 12-14-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Merc6's Mini Build