Project and Build Forum Post pics and step by step instructions for any projects or car builds you are working on to keep everyone updated.

Merc6's Mini Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

If the opportunity pops up again like this 200 speedo cluster did I might jump on it just as fast. I might go get that Century2K steering wheel as well so I can send it off to do something like this regal one. I really need to stay away from the internet cause it gives me too many ideas.

Also thinking of doing this too.

You said you was trying to paint the headlights something like this?

http://youtu.be/EZt9NLPHYLI

Last edited by Merc6; 12-14-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

1. That Joseph Abboud Regal is awesome.

2. I've been wanting to do sequential turn signals since I first saw that video

3. Same with the switchbacks ^^

4. Thats what I wanted to do. I've never tried. I want to pick up a second set of headlights to try. I don't want to risk ruining my only set. haha.

I'd also like to do a projector retrofit, but i doubt i'll have the car long enough to get to something like that.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Reason I am rethinking the heads. Once the Subaru is on the road for real I might sell it depending on my financial situation and location. Intake swap is plenty enough for me and my preconceived notion the LIM gasket WILL fail justifies it. I feel comfortable enough to do it myself cause I already undid it to another car to get the parts. Still need to get the push rod tool so I don't have to deal with taking the rockers halfway apart. After that gaskets and another T stat since the LIM houses it. The bottom bolt is not fun to tackle when it's on the car with the crossover so I left the housing attached when I yanked it.

While I was under there verifying the heater pipe and a few other things I went ahead and tried the cover on.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...6/7bb444e1.jpg

Last edited by Merc6; 12-14-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Sweet. It should look great when you're done.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Another idea was gauges where the ash tray is. Every century still has glovebox and ashtrays. I might even snag the trunk popper if it's there next trip. I looked at all the HUD units for same year Pontiacs and decided not to try that either even tho all the tan dash boards are still there too.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

The ashtray gauges might be a little awkward. I like how the whole dash flows on the century. I'd almost rather an A-Pillar pod over the gauges in the ashtray.

Your trunk release button isn't in the glove box? Actually, for some reason, I picture it somewhere near the floor on the drivers' side, on the older Centuries..

HUD would be nice, if it could be done easily. I wonder how hard it would be to swap the whole dash top out of a GTP..

Old 11-12-2011, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

nope no popper on floor or glovebox. 97 98 it was a use your keys to open it. The 97 limited I snagged parts from also didn't have map lights that turn on with doors open.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, thats really weird. It seems like the early w-body Centuries were very oddly optioned.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah at first I was mad cause I found this center dome light in the 97 limited but then I realized it wasn't a factory astroroof. If the 97 is anything like this 98 dealers brochure to be a limited with a astro roof you had a Century Limited Prestige Package. Odd cause autodim mirror I snagged out was a prestige package as with the window antenna power driver passenger leather seats still in the vehicle.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...6/58cd57ed.jpg

Old 11-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Thats interesting how that one has both the dome light and the rear lights. I wonder how hard it would be to hook up the dome light, and the light control you're missing in the map lights..

Quick Reply: Merc6's Mini Build