New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Dutch Buick PA owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:06 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/+sfgRmluamFuX1R5cGU9amF2YV9zY3JpcHQmRmluamFuX0xhbm c9dGV4dC9qYXZhc2NyaXB0+/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
Hey,

I'am new at this forum

I'm from the Netherlands and I just purchased a '96 Park Avenue and I love it. The ride is so much different comparing to European cars, it's really smooth and floaty, some European cars really have back-breaking stiff suspension..

At first I wanted a V8, but with the Dutch fuel prices I would be bankrupt within two months.. 1,56 Euros per litre, that is 5,93 Euros per gallon[img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img] , in dollarsthat's 8,90 per gallon. Last time at the gas station I payed 85 Euros for 14 gallon unleaded[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]Its crazy, 75% goes straight to the government...

And not to start about monthly roadtaxes...

But to hell with it, I'm gonna keep driving PA![img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]

I think this forum will be very usefull!

Greetings from a rainy The Hague, Netherlands
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-42";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 03-05-2008, 10:02 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
Congratulations! I own a '97 Park Avenue Ultra, and, previously a '92 Park Avenue Ultra (which is more similar to your '96). I'm a mechanical engineer and fairly knowledgeable about cars, but that's not my profession. I'd be glad to help you where I can.

These cars do have a comfortable ride, but it really should not be floaty, particularly if you have the "Gran Touring" suspension. There's a good chance that your shock absorbers are worn out, particularly the front, which have a big load.

I just paid $3.20 per gallon, which I guess is about E4.77. The (supercharged) Ultra engine ideally should have premium gasoline, which would be $.20/ga more, but I use regular in the winter.These prices are ten times what they were when I first started driving, but Iguess we can't complain compared to you!

Regards from freezing Chicago!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by MrBSS

&lt; src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/&gt; </>Congratulations! I own a '97 Park Avenue Ultra, and, previously a '92 Park Avenue Ultra (which is more similar to your '96). I'm a mechanical engineer and fairly knowledgeable about cars, but that's not my profession. I'd be glad to help you where I can.

These cars do have a comfortable ride, but it really should not be floaty, particularly if you have the "Gran Touring" suspension. There's a good chance that your shock absorbers are worn out, particularly the front, which have a big load.

I just paid $3.20 per gallon, which I guess is about E4.77. The (supercharged) Ultra engine ideally should have premium gasoline, which would be $.20/ga more, but I use regular in the winter.These prices are ten times what they were when I first started driving, but Iguess we can't complain compared to you!

Regards from freezing Chicago!

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-42";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 03-09-2008, 07:39 AM

Thanks!

I'll have my shock absorbers checked...

greets

Old 03-10-2008, 11:11 AM

Uhh, I guess I did that wrong, sorry. US$3.20 per gallon would be E2.13. So we're still getting a comparative bargain.