Electra/Park Avenue Buick's full size premium car manufactured between 1959 and 1990

tail light unit Dutch PA

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 05:44 AM

Hi,

I have a '96 PA, it's a Dutch/European version, which has a different tail light unit. Does anyone know if it is possible to mount an American tail light unit (looks much better) on a European PA? The licence plate holder is wider on the European one..

Hope someone can answer my question,

Thanks!

Old 03-05-2008, 10:33 AM

I would guess that the American unit would drop in as there would seem to be no reason to change the mounting, but I don't know for sure. Sometimes they change things for no apparent reason. For example, I got a 2005 Cadillac Escalade dashboard surround for my 2005 Chevy Suburban. I assumed that the back support would be similar because it appeared to be (even my dealer thought it was), but it turned out it was slightly different.

I believe you are supposed to have amber turn signals there. Will the police look the other way? I think you can get used tailights on eBay very inexpensively, so you won't be risking much.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:46 AM

Ok, i don't think i will have trouble with the police, for example Dutch thunderbirds also have completely red taillights, no amber turn signals..

Maybe i'm not searching the right way but i can't seem to find any used tail lights on ebay (only one but the glass is cracked), or any other sites. I also filled in a request form on Junkyarddog.com three days ago but nothing.. If i find one any idea what it would cost? And shipping costs to the Netherlands? Probably pretty expensive..

regards!

Old 03-12-2008, 10:05 AM

Well, it's not like you're looking for a Ford or Chevy. Even here, the interest in Buicks has become low. Just compare the action on this forum to, for example, fullsizechevy.com! And you're looking at a platform that has not been produced for over twelve years. That's actually one of the reasons that I traded my '92 (which was still running well at about 250,000 miles) for my '97. This Park Avenue was produced up until 2006, and the current Buick Lucerne seems to be the same platform, or at least, very similar.

But anyway, I think you will eventually find what you need. And shipping shouldn't be that bad if you're not in a rush. I've purchased several items from China without difficulty.