New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

95 Buick Lesabre 3.5L

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 09:47 AM
Default 95 Buick Lesabre 3.5L

I am have an issue with my car, at speeds start from 40 mph and up, when trying to maintain a constant speed the car acts like it is spitting fuel to the injectors, I have changed the following fuel pump. fuel filter, coil packs, plugs , plug wires, ISM , CPM, PCV valve, pulled injectors cleaned them replaced O rings, I am stumped, any advise would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Old 01-12-2020, 12:54 PM

First of all, did this problem start showing up shortly after purchasing fuel?
When you replaced the fuel pump did you check what the inside of the tank looked like ?
When you changed the fuel filter, did you attempt to empty it out so you could confirm if it had water in it?
A poorly functioning crank sensor can provide those symptoms. Works OK until you put a load on it.
When were the plug wires replaced last?

Old 01-12-2020, 05:40 PM

The car was running fine when I bought it no problems, then the crackshaft position sensor went out, when it went out it sat because it wouldn't start, that's when I changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs, plug wires, ICM, PCM ,pulled injectors cleaned them replaced them O rings on them, so to answer your questions 1 st ? not sure as I have filled it up multiple times also putting in Seafoam & High mileage injector cleaner. no we didnt look in the tank . No because when I bought it , it was running fine.

Old 01-13-2020, 05:52 AM

Whew threw a lot of money at that puppy and never had any one put a ALDL scanner on it to see if there were any codes.

Al

Old 01-13-2020, 07:45 AM

Al reallt didnt spend that much most expensive thing was fuel pump, and when the crankshaft position sensor went out it sat for 5 months, I'm on disability and put a little in each month, So I couldnt drive it anywhere to get it scanned

Old 01-18-2020, 09:19 AM

It is important for us to know what you can and cannot do so we don't suggest things that are not capable of being done.

ANYTIME a fuel pump is replaced, it is highly recommended to inspect the inside of the fuel tank for whatever may be in there aside from clean gasoline. Grit, dirt , any foreign matter including water should not be in there and those things can destroy a fuel pump.

There is a lot missing here among which is how did they know to replace the crank sensor and it is not an easy job since the crank pulley has to be removed to do it.
Please don't be offended , we are just attempting to help here and the more info you can provide the easier it is to offer useful suggestions.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:23 AM

Not offended at all Sir,, lots of research and the parts I replaced needed replacing and bought most of the parts online which saved lots of $$ compared to going to the local parts stores, since I'm a person on Dialysis I physically couldn't replaced the CSP sensor by myself , a friend of my daughters towed it to his shop, and had the right tools to replace it. I appreciate your responses, thank you.

Old 01-20-2020, 05:28 PM

Are the vehicle keys on a large slightly heavy key ring when this is happening?
Have had instances where the weight of the keys affected the ign switch, that is why I am asking.
At this time we don't know if it is fuel , ign or electrical. As you know electrical can affect fuel and that is one of the things we need to consider.

Can you with your experience monitor if the ign is failing or connect a pressure gauge on the fuel rail and monitor if fuel is dropping off?
Usually fuel will have it bog down where ign or electrical will be more abrupt.

Old 01-20-2020, 06:28 PM

I have a few keys on a aluminum key holder nothing heavy, but will check that, thank you