New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

ABS and traction control lights on

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 09:27 AM
Default ABS and traction control lights on

Hi there, Im new here.
I have a 2006 Buick Lucerne that runs great. The last 4 times I've driven it, the ABS and traction control lights come on. Only once the battery light came on with it but not since. I noticed the last time I drove it after the lights came on, my cruise control shut off by itself. I first thought I accidentally shut it off but when I put it on again, it shut off again. The car did not go into limp mode and still drives beautifully. Same power, no noise, etc. No wires that I see hanging down but thats just on the ground. I didn't get under the car on a hoist because I don't have this luxury unfortunately. Fuses are all okay. The funny thing is when I put the OBD II reader on it, there were no fault codes. Not sure why? Help anyone. I read somewhere that maybe the ABS codes are on a different scan reader? I know someone, somewhere out there knows. Thanks a lot

Last edited by lpoworski; 01-27-2020 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:28 PM

Were you driving under any conditions that allowed the wheels to slip ?

Sometimes a wheel bearing is worn and allows the signal to a wheel speed sensor to become intermittent and this will set a code that you could have checked for no cost from places like Autozone. Can you do that?