New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

2000 buick regal ls blower resistor with climate control

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 01:35 PM
Default 2000 buick regal ls blower resistor with climate control

I am new here and have tried to search for a thread about my trouble but can't find it. Forgive me if I post in the wrong place, but I need help! I have NO air blowing through my vents, at any speed. I took the blower motor out, tested it and it works. So, I'm guessing next up is the resistor. I was able to get the front bolt out, but the two that are supposed to be in the back are nowhere to be seen. The firewall is snug against the back of the resistor. Does anyone know where they may be? I've only been able to find videos of resistors for those without climate control and thought maybe this type comes off differently. Any and all help or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:32 PM

Don't know if you already did this, but always a good place to start
Did you check ALL the fuses?
Because the blower motors draws a high amount of current it usually has a separate relay just for hi speed while all other speeds usually go through a resistor.
Always a good move to confirm good power and ground are available before going after any HVAC module..

Old 05-22-2019, 08:17 AM
Talking

Sounds like the HAVC computer isn't opening the doors to the vents to me.

If the blower is working that resister isn't the problem.

Have you hooked a OBDII scanner uop to see if there are any codes?

If not take it to a auto parts store and see if they will check for you,Auto Zone in my area does it for free.

Al