Regal (1973-2004) Buick's sporty mid-sized sedan

News Headlamp/Signal lamp assemblies.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Default News Headlamp/Signal lamp assemblies.

I've just hit a deer, and it broke my left headlamp assembly, busted my Grille and chipped out my left signal lamp.

I am buying replacement from a seller on Amazon.com, they come from Taiwan, the Originals were Guides(Canadian made-no ideal Guide had a canadian plant)

So when I get them I'll let you know what they are like.

I drive a 1992 Buick Regal GS with the 3.8 engine.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:29 PM

These lamps seem to be the only ones on the market for my car. Taiwanese made Depos.(brand) Looking at them the cosmetics are really good.

There are a few differences between these and the stock Guide Corps. assemblies.

1. There is some slight differences in the lens fluting vs OEM.

2. the Depos use a different bulb sheild and you get German Phillips bulbs. =)

The lenses could just be optimized to the newer bulb shield.

3. on the new Depos, THERE IS NO UPPER VENT HOLE in the back housing. If you look at the originals, there is a breather hole at the inboard top, and the outboard bottom. This is so your lamps can breathe through the "chimney effect" as the air heats from the bulbs, it exits the top vent hole and draws in dry air in the bottom one. This is how the lamp stays moister free. I am concerned with Moister buildup...I will repost my findings if it is indeed the case.

But being the only option for people like me that live in wild America, it is the only game in town. Reasonably priced for what you get. Honestly If I had the choice between these and the OEM Canadian made Originals, I would get the OEM's, but this product is decent, just got some concerns that a long term test will reveal.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:21 PM

Just aimed them today.....

The OEM Guides have FAR superior optics on low and they are about even on high beam, they fit good into the car. The optics are not quality, not bad considering the price, however I would have paid $150+ per lamp for OEM optics.

The light is not distributed evenly on the horizontal plane.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:49 AM

Another thing I noticed is that the Depo's, they have a full covering bulb shield. This means you can modify a 9005 bulb and put it into the 9006 socket without any glare light.

60w low beams anyone?