New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New here

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:40 PM

id have to agree with sam here on this one, besides the damg isnt that exstensive, keepin it an restoring its orginal buity would be a much better option imo

Old 04-27-2008, 12:50 PM

I second that motion. This Lasabre we have here is for sure one that I would not be taking to the derby. Especially in this day and age, you really don't see them as clean and close to factory like this one. I would say restoration (if any at all is needed) is for sure the way to go.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:11 PM

That 89 looks a lot like my Aunts black T Type 2 door. I don't know what year hers is but its the same body style.

Before my car was wrecked it needed bumper fillers, front and rear, and the rear bumper is rusty. There is no rust anywhere on the body and only 1 dent on the passenger front door near the door handle. The inside of the trunk area has no rust and there is no rust on the inside of the doors at all. The weather stripping on the doors is rotted and needs replaced. There is a scratch on the trunk lid and some scrapes on the passenger rear door where some idiot slammed there door against it the day after I got it. It didn't didnt though and isn't real noticable. The dirt track idea is cool but this car, overall is in such great condition I can't see doing this to it. I can sell it right now for $2,500, being wrecked and all, and I only paid $1,250 for it.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by 84LeSabre

That 89 looks a lot like my Aunts black T Type 2 door. I don't know what year hers is but its the same body style.

Before my car was wrecked it needed bumper fillers, front and rear, and the rear bumper is rusty. There is no rust anywhere on the body and only 1 dent on the passenger front door near the door handle. The inside of the trunk area has no rust and there is no rust on the inside of the doors at all. The weather stripping on the doors is rotted and needs replaced. There is a scratch on the trunk lid and some scrapes on the passenger rear door where some idiot slammed there door against it the day after I got it. It didn't didnt though and isn't real noticable. The dirt track idea is cool but this car, overall is in such great condition I can't see doing this to it. I can sell it right now for $2,500, being wrecked and all, and I only paid $1,250 for it.
Yes, I have the same body style as the T-types. Same car basically just without the SC on the engine. Since I've replaced the ICM and coil pack thanks to sam, she's running great. I would be in the same shoes as you if I had the 84. It really is in great shape. Whats your plans for it @ this point?

Old 04-28-2008, 11:43 AM

Well I don't have huge plans for it, but I want to get the front end fixed, buy the bumper fillers andhave the rear bumper fixed and replatedand have the car painted. Most likely painted the same color. I want to have my cd player put in it and put dual exhaust with the chrome tips, get some transmission work done to it and I'll be happy. Not sure about putting different rims on it though, I really like the ones that are on it, most the ones i see have the hubcaps. So I'm not sure about that.