New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New here

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 05:45 PM

Edited by: samueljackson

Old 04-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum, thats a bummer, did you have full coverage?

ps, if you hit enter after every pic, it makes it MUCH easier to view.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:56 AM

I hit a 92 Mercury Sable in the right side and broke its rear axle. It was totaled. I drive home 10 minutes later lol while the Mercury was hauled off on the back of a flatbed. Yea I have full coverage and I'm getting the car fixed. I've never owned a car that was this good and so reliable. It has the most comfortable seats, classic styling, and is built extremely well. The 307 runs fantastic with 144,000 miles on it. Interior has held up great other than some stains on the carpet. No headliner sags or anything. My only complaint with the car is the rusty rear bumper. I bought this car from a young kid who only had it a few months. He decided he wasnted a Honda Crx. He bought the car from the original owner who kept the car in the garage always. It still has the original paint on it, which was in excellent condition with very few minor scrathes and chips. Too bad it got wrecked, I wasn't going to have it painted for a long time but now I will. Sometime in the next few weeks I'm getting Flowmaster dual exhaust put on it and it needs some transmission work. I'm probably going to leave the original rims on it I think they fit the car perfectly. I only paid $1,250 for the car.Edited by: 84LeSabre

Old 04-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

thats cool, at least it will be covered.

and the olds 307 was hit or miss, some were junk and some last forever. if you made it that far, you probably have one of the good ones. and for 1250, thats a great deal, considering the condition.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:23 PM

I'm planning on keeping this car. I know its just a big old 4 door but ever since the 1st day I seen it... It was love at first site lol... And to hear the V8 fire up... I always loved the sound of a V8. I know its not real fast but I don't care, I wont be racing it anyways. I've bought a few little things for the car. Chrome Valve covers, Sony CD player, Audiobahn 1200 watt amp with 3 audiobahn 12's, just little things like that. I'm suprised how many compliments I get in this car, even after its been wrecked. I was offered $2,500 for it after I wrecked it lol. Thats twice what I paid before it was wrecked. The 307 in this one has no problems so far. Runs fantastic. Carberator works good. I love the sound when that 4 barrel kicks in... wooo lol

Old 04-26-2008, 06:02 PM

Early 80's Buicks make the best dirt track bombers. Check your local dirt track for set-up rules, and then buy a new Buick. Just my opinion. Sorry 'bout your crunch, hope fix has been made by time ya read this.
Peace, NeoVintage.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:05 PM

[img]uploads/NeoVintage/Buik83EPA.jpg[/img]

Old 04-26-2008, 06:51 PM

That burnt-out headlite in your first pic may have been an omen.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:02 PM

Very nice ride you have there. To bad about the crunch up but, you did drive it home and it's still running.[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] My 89 runs great when it runs right.. hehe Hopefully with the parts sam supplied, I'll be good to go. I'm actually surprised with mine. It's got the 3.8 V6 with 193K on it but, she runs just fine. Would like to see more pics with all the goodies installed and painted once ya get er done. Again, very nice looking ride. even after the crunch.

btw here's mine

Edited by: 89-Lasabre-d00d

Old 04-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NeoVintage
Early 80's Buicks make the best dirt track bombers. Check your local dirt track for set-up rules, and then buy a new Buick. Just my opinion. Sorry 'bout your crunch, hope fix has been made by time ya read this.
Peace, NeoVintage.

sorry neo, but i dissagree. his car is WAYY too mint to throw it on a dirt track. it wont take much to have it back to original condition. besides he has full coverage, why scrap it if the insurance will cover it?

Quick Reply: New here