SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//--></>Hey All,

My other half inherited her grandfather's 93 Lasabre limited. The car only has 45k miles on it. It had been sitting for a little over a year when she got it about 8 months ago. All the hoses were replaced, new brakes with a line flush, fuel tank cleaned as well as injectors, radiator flushed and filled, tranny serviced, new tires as of yesterday. The car is in great shape inside and out. Knock on wood only two mechanical problems have come up. First is the ABS light is on, now our mechanic says that the ABS computer is faulty due to a sensor being out. They tried to replace the sensor but the light is still on and the computer still says bad sensor. I drove around in the rain after the service and slammed on the brakes several times with no lock-up, you could feel the abs pulsating. The mechanis said the only way to get the light to go off was to replace the ABS computer for $800. Does that sound right? Also the car has a lose of power, from time to time, coming from a dead stop it staggers unless you REALLY stand on it. It will also do it on the highway trying to pass. Everytime it does this it develops a rough idle. From what I know about GM V6s and from what I have read on the board sound to me like it's EGR right? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>Edited by: grandpa's93

Old 07-24-2005, 02:08 PM

You need to reset the error code history to clear the error (and turn
off the ABS light) in the computer. Any mecha is supposed to be able to
do that.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:16 PM

Regarding the miss, it sounds like it could be a bad spark plug wire or coil. If it still has the original wires, I would replace them before I got into anything more expensive.

The most common ABS problem is the sensors, connections or wiring. If the light comes back after reset, examine and clean those areas. It could be that you need a new controller, but they're actually pretty reliable. However, their self check is very sensitive and will "trip out" easily.Edited by: MrBSS