LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

PLEASE HELP 1989 Buick Lesabre Limited

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 11:44 PM

Hi,

I have a 1989 Buick LeSabre Limited and I am having a problem with it. I had a cd player in the buick that I wanted to take out because I purchased a dodge truck and I wanted to put it in that. I uninstalled about 5 days ago and I forgot to take the battery off. Now today I got in the buick to drive it, and I had absolutely no power whatsoever. So, I got the battery charger/jumper out and hooked it up and it said my battery was fully charged. With the battery jumper on it my power came back on and all electrical was working. I went to start it and it turned over and tried to start, but did not have enough to fully start. I bought new battery bolts for pos. and neg. thinking it just wasn't getting a good connection and it still wouldn't start. I unhooked the battery and then hooked it up again and still nothing! I have a new battery, new alternator, and it ran fine until I took the cd player out. Is there some kind of security feature or something that enables because I took the cd player out without taking the battery off? I don't know. Please help!

Old 04-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Administrator

it sounds as though you have tripped some sort of security system...but in an 89 buick, it would almost have to be aftermarket...do you have an alarm?

Old 04-26-2005, 08:25 PM

I do not have an aftermarketalarmon it. I did get it started last night using the fully charged battery jumper, but I turned it off and then took the battery jumper off. I went back to start it again and it was fully dead. Some how the battery jumper gave it enough power to start it, but the battery I haveis fully charged and it makes no sense. I am going to take the battery in tomorrow to have it tested in case my jumper is wrong, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Old 04-26-2005, 11:13 PM

Well, took the battery in and it is completely dead. My battery charger is broken. Something is drawing power from the battery. I bought brand new terminals for each side and I am hoping that was the problem, as they were kind of stripped.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Administrator

perhaps you have a live wire touching something metal, slowing eating power out of the battery?