LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

Check Tire Pressures Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 08:13 AM

I have a 2003 LeSabre and every time I start the car my check tire pressures light is on and I have to reset it. Pressures in tires are all OK. Light stays off until I shut the car off and restart it. Any Suggestions out there as to how to keep the light off ? THANKS !

Old 06-15-2007, 10:09 AM

As I recall on my Park Ave, you have to hold the reset button for some time in order to actually reset it, as opposed to just overriding it. If you're already doing that, then I'm not sure how to fix it, but I would try disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes.

Another thought: Are your tires all exactly the same and with similar wear? I have also heard that this will happen if you change tire size, even if all four are the same, but that doesn't seem logical.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:06 PM

Thanks for the info, but wouldn`t you know it ? The first time I got into the car after posting this question it has stopped doing it. I guess the fix fairy visited .

Old 06-15-2007, 05:21 PM

Tire pressure low?
The computer diagnoses this by the hub wheel sensors. Future unsolvable problems may point to them.
The low tire will turn more turns per mile and the computer senses this and sets the error.
The resetting of the code should only be done after a tire pressure check is performed and the tires are within a pound of each other. Obviously a low tire is a bad thing and to recalibrate the sensors with a low tire involved could be a future problem.

It is feasable that the tire pressure when replaced to normal 30psi all around a few trips will reset the code.

Edited by: bassasasin

Old 06-15-2007, 08:17 PM

Had a similar problem on our 02 Lexus RX300. Turns out, we had to replace a single tire due to a flat and although it was the same size/brand, the others were well worn and the speed differential between that tire and the others caused the Low Pressure lamp to illuminate. Had to replace the other tires to fix the problem. Note: This also caused some issues with the VSC (Vehicle Skid Control) system as well.