LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

OEM Recommended Tire Pressures

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 03:29 PM

My girlfriend owns a 1994 Buick LeSabre and unfortunately the sticker in the door jam has worn out and all the information on itis gone. The main thing I want to know is:

What is Buick's recommended tire pressures for the front and back tires?

This is all I really need to know, but if anyone has all the information printed on the doorjam sticker, I'd like to give it to my girfriend. And, better yet, if anyone can take a digital picture of theirs and send it to me (I'll give you my email), I'd REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!Edited by: jvacierto

Old 09-14-2006, 04:46 PM

Odds are, the tires on her car aren't the origionals..

The tire pressure recomendations should be on the tires themselves.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:20 PM

Thanks datacop. No, the tires aren't the originals, but all that's listed on the tires themselves is the maximum PSI the tire can hold, NOT the recommended tire pressures for the LeSabre.

I did some research prior to this post and found out that the manufacturer's PSI recommendations apply to all tire brands as long as the size that's put on the vehicle is the same, so I'd still like to knowBuick's recommendations and go from there.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:14 AM

Oh, and just to make sure everyone knows, I checked the owner's manual already and it says something to the effect of "check the sticker in the door jam." As I wrote already, the sticker has worn off, so there's nowhere I can find the recommened tire pressures for the LeSabre . . . no even on GM's buick website.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:50 AM

If you've not heard back anything by this weekend.. I'll snap a picture of our door jam and upload it to ya.

Can't do it tonight.. my 12 yr old daughter is having a birtday / slumber party...

shoot me.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:00 AM

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Old 09-19-2006, 10:21 AM

I noticed there have been 44 views of this post and no one has replied with the tire pressures. I'm sure SOMEONE has to know them! Anyone? Bueller?

Old 09-19-2006, 11:15 AM

I've not had a chance to take a picture..

The shifter cable in my durango broke..

When it rains it pours

Old 09-19-2006, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by jvacierto
I noticed there have been 44 views of this post and no one has replied with the tire pressures. I'm sure SOMEONE has to know them! Anyone? Bueller?
I feel your pain. Unfortunately most of those stickers are faded or gone by the wayside..I tried. Mine is faded stark white. NO PIX.
Call a dealer?

HOWEVER

OK..NO ONE KNOWS REALLY. We cant answer you, we dont know what tire she has. The tire pressures are established by the tire maker of the tires on your car compared against weight of the car.. The tire type and car type cause the pressures to vary. The goal is to have the proper tire footprint and pressure. Different footprints and tire pressure establish wheel caster at different speeds since at higher speed the caster increases.

For a good guess would be by look at a tire from the top and air it up to see about a 1/4 inch of bulge out when tire is sitting on flat ground. Check the pressure and use that.. should be around 28-33 psi. and equal left to right. The importance of tire pressure affects many things, gas mileage, tire wear, driving characteristics, transmission heat, and proubbly more.

Sorry to be so blunt but we don't have the info necessary for an exact specific answer.

Bass
Edited by: bassasasin

Old 09-20-2006, 02:15 AM

I checked on my '95 Lasabre and it has 215x70x15" tires and it recommends 33psi for front and rear. Barely could read it.

Quick Reply: OEM Recommended Tire Pressures