General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

No heat passenger side!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 03:05 PM

Hello All!

I''m new to these forums but from what I have read you all seem like a great bunch! I recently acquired a 1998 Park Avenue, I love the car. I seem to be having quite a common problem where I get wonderful warm air out of the driver''s side, but passenger side I get nothing but ice cold air. I have read a few things online about ways to remedy this, and I also read in a different post here something about wire-tieing a blend air door or something. I understand the idea behind this, but is there any way someone could guide me where to look for this door, I have no idea where to begin. I looked underneath the dash earlier, but Im not quite sure what im looking for.

Thanks in advance! -Steve E-

Old 11-03-2008, 06:26 PM

Look behind your glove box, you should see the actuator there. will have a metal rod going to it.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:09 PM

Hello!

Well I took the glove compartment right out and I did''nt really see a metal rod. I found what appears to be like a metal support rod which is very thick and does''nt seem to go to anything. What I did find deep into the goodies was a white plastic control arm type of thing, witch some plastic connecting rod hooked up to that, I removed it and moved it front to back and it did seem to effect the way the air coming out of the vent sounded, but had no effect on the temperature. I hooked it up again, and so here I am stuck again.