LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

1997 LeSabre Passenger Climate control

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 10:05 PM

I have just purchased a 1997 Buick LeSabre Limited.

The only issue I have is with the passenger side climate control. With the A/C on the driver's side blows nice and cool but the passenger side blows hot! I have tried to press the passenger control all the way cool, but nothing changes.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, what was the issue and how did you resolve it?

Thank you

Bob[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2006, 12:04 AM

The day after I posted my "challenge"with my LeSabre A/C, I really search this Forum and found exactly what issuemy car was having and how to deal with it, down to the GM part number. Today I visited my local Buickparts Department and purchased the necessary Actuator, installed it according to the instructions I found on this site andmy problem is fixed.

Thank youto all the members and the moderator for the valuable feedback offerhere.

This is one of the best forums I have ever seen!!

Bravo!!!!!!!![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 02:26 AM

Okay since you got it fixed, I have the same problem. Is it the blend door actuator? And is it easy to install. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 11:44 AM

[img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

Yes, it is the blend actuator and it is somewhat easy to replace.

The part runs about $68.00 at a Buick or Chevy dealer (Impala and LeSabre share many parts).

Disconnect the Battery-I always do this since I worry about a stray screw driver finding its way to a place that can short out the computers in the car.

Open the glove box.

There a clip towards the back of each side of the glove box drawer that will release theglove box drawer and allow it to fall on its hinge out of the way.

Look carefully straight ahead and you will see the actuator.

There are three screws that hold it in place. Two are easy, one takes thin hands and patience to remove.

Side the actuator out and unplugit from the circuit.

Plug the new on in

Side it back andreconnect thesmall metal arm thatopens and closes the door for theA/C vent on the passenger side.It moves really easily. Move it before reinstalling to make certain nothing is impeding it.

Replace screws

Reconnect battery

Sart the car and the A/C

Givethe system time to realize there is a new actuator there. It may take a few minutes of running the A/C

Play with the directions of the air flow on the climate control on the dash as well as the passenger side control.

You will be able to watch the actuator working.

This isnot a hard repair. Ittakes time and you may find yourself contorting your body underand around the passenger side floor before it is all over.

I hope this helps

Also,check withwww.automotiveforums.com

They have a Buick section and from there you can access a LeSabre section.

Once I found the Buick Lesabre section, I went to the sites' search and typed in 97 LeSabre A/C

I found many, many postings that helped me solve this and other issues with my car.

I hope this helps you.

Good Luck

Bob [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2008, 10:53 AM

That was such an easy fix , this post was exactly what I needed , thank you very much [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2008, 11:10 AM

should always check out rockauto.com for prices