General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

89 ELECTRA PARK AVENUE

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 07:51 PM

I could use some help with my 89 buick. The problem is I have an electronic control panel for environmental controls and have no blower fan for my heater. The heater works but no fan. I could have a bad resistor pack, or a bad controller module. Has anyone troubleshot one of these push button control panels. If I need to replace this unit how much will it cost? Also how do I gain access to remove this unit? And while I'm at it can anyone tell me where the fuel filter is located, my vehicle is so low to the ground I can't see very well and would like to have a general idea before I jack it up. I am also looking for a site that could provide some online schematics, I don't want to buy a whole book right now.

I am new to this site and hope that there is somebody out there who works on these units. It's got a lot of miles on it but I would reallty like to keep it on the road, It's the best running of the rest of my fleet.