Enclave Buick's new luxury crossover on the GM LAMBDA platform

Lost my 2019 Enclave

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 02:18 AM
Default Lost my 2019 Enclave

Hi guys,

I have lost my 2019 Buick Enclave key fob. it was this type of key that you push to start the car. no actual key..
I called the dealership and they told me about $500 and that I will have to tow the car there. I thought maybe someone here had the same situation? any suggestions?
Thanks!

Old 12-12-2020, 04:59 AM

Hello again,
so i just wanted to update in case it happens to someone. Here is what i came up with after a long research. actually saved me a lot of time and money!Generally speaking, to get a replacement key, you have three options:
  1. Call an automotive locksmith that offers a mobile service for cars. Here is a phone number for a company that have many different locations and locksmiths: 800-223-1453. I think the work all around the US but not sure. Give them a call and ask.
  2. Tow the car to the dealer.
  3. Order a key online and have the dealer or locksmith cut and program it for you (if necessary).
Here is the link to read more:

https://lost-car-keys-replacement.co...ement-car-key/

If you do call a locksmith or the dealer, don’t forget to mention some important information so they will check if they have the key blank and the necessary tools to code you the new key:

1. Year, make and model of the car

2. Your exact location including street address and zip (for the locksmith to find you easily)

3. VIN number of the car located on the dashboard – very important

4. Make sure you can show them proof of ownership – otherwise they will not make you a new replacement key.

Regarding the cost, it really depends on the type of key you had.

There are 3 main types of keys:

Non-chip keys: for older models (mostly 2000 and older)

Transponder chip keys – these types of keys must be coded on site with a special machine, otherwise the car wont start. These are more expensive to make

Key fob – push to start – these are the most expensive types of keys. Mostly made for models made after 2015.

The average cost is somewhere between $180-$450. It also depends on your location, time of day, weekend, etc etc.

Here is the link for some additional information:

https://lost-car-keys-replacement.co...lacement-cost/
Hope you wont need it!!

Old 12-12-2020, 07:44 AM

You are on the money !!
Most folks have no idea of what is involved if they lose a FOB and the replacement cost.
The same with a coded key. If only one coded key is available, and that key for some reason becomes defective, and it does happen, the same situation comes up. Locksmith, possible tow to shop or road call with scan tool to code new key and clearance to obtain vehicle security info. EXPENSIVE to correct.
If only one coded key available , the locksmith can make another coded key without the road service call or towing charge. Don't wait for the problem to happen , get the second key made while the vehicle can be driven to the service facility.