Riviera The Buick that combined luxury with performance during its entire existance

airconditioner bypass pully

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Wink airconditioner bypass pully

No need to buy a new compresser for my 1995 riv. ALL the parts store said "It ain't in the book". But advance auto said the buick park ave had the same engine code, thus, I replaced the compresser with a $50 part.
I may not be cool.....but I'm happy.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:29 PM

Depending on where you reside, one of the things the A/C system does is; dry the air that blows on your windshield when you choose the defrost mode.
If you live where you don't need the a/c you most likely need the defrosters and if you don't require defrosters you probably need the a/c, so it kinda has you both coming and going. In this case since you are happy with the a/c non functional it wouldn't hurt to unplug the wire to the compressor clutch because it just pulls from the electrical system and does nothing for you when either the defrost or a/c positions might be selected.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Default airconditioner bypass pully

I have elimininated the compresser compleatly so there will be no "dry air" for the defrost here in wisconsin but I never grew up with dry air deferost and it's a long way to summer. By then I hope to be in my late model park ave ultra. Than I can use the rivie to haul wood or maybe fill,

Old 12-06-2011, 05:56 AM

I have seen cases where the vehicle was used for fill when it got stuck. They just bury it where it sits. I was pretty sure the guy buried an old school bus rather than go to the trouble of fixing it.