Regal (1973-2004) Buick's sporty mid-sized sedan

My side view mirror needs replacement. please offer advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Default My side view mirror needs replacement. please offer advice

tHello everyone.

First off, I own a 97 Buick Regal. This car’s been so great to me and overall I can’t complain about it, considering that it has generally been problem free for the most part. But enough about my car. The reason I’ve come here is that I’ve got a small problem and I need some advice on what to do. Just yesterday, my wife (she is 71 years old, a great woman) was driving through a residential area (she says she was driving at around 20 MPH) when a driver parallel parked on the side of the street suddenly opened their driver side door. Their door collided with the passenger side mirror of my car and completely damaged it.

To be honest I haven’t done any online shopping thus far but have heard that one can find great deals ordering products from the internet. I’ve also heard that there exist many website that appear to be legitimate but are actually fraudulent scams. I’d like to purchase a replacement mirror online, but I can’t discern between legitimate and fake websites. I found two sites but now need to know, has anyone purchased from either of the following websites and can testify that they are a legitimate business? The OEM numbers of the parts on the sites match the part I need. Thank you.

www.automirrorsexpress.com/buick/regal/all.html#MTEzMjM
or
http://www.ecrater.com/p/11966508/97...er-mirror-with

Last edited by JamesCosta; 11-16-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Personally, I don't like buying things online. I haven't heard anything about either of those websites, so I wouldn't know if either are good or bad. Have you tried going to a junk yard? They would probably have a few Regals or Centuries there, and might have a couple your body color. It would probably cost less there too than online, and sometimes they will offer a limited warranty, just in case something isn't working on it.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Our Pull a Part here has 3 cars my same color with the mirrors still there. It's a few bolts and a connector you fish through the hole. Pulling the door panel gets you access to them. Wish I saw this before I put my door panels back on. Could have took pics of those bolts and connector. Hardest part would be that door panel if you never done it before in your life.