Project and Build Forum Post pics and step by step instructions for any projects or car builds you are working on to keep everyone updated.

My neverending project. "Special Ed"

Old 11-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Might just get a double din cause the radio settings irritate me and the tape player is broke(No iPod/iPhone via tape adapter). I also have some lights out in mine for tone and preset buttons. Had the chance to snag 2 radios but didn't want to buy something that didn't work. I will order those leds next month sometime in white.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Most of my lights are out on my radio, and my HVAC controls are all out. Needless to say, my car is quite dark at night. haha. I like how clean the stock stereo looks, so thats really the only reason I'm doing that, and not getting a new one. There is one for sale locally for $40, but that probably has a lot of lights out, and who knows what problems. I have one of those tape adapters, and it sucks. It don't even work right unless I tug on the wire while its playing.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

I was told the connections for the newer style radios changed and would cost me the price of a new radio to try and convert over. Not that serious with keeping stock look but this is what I was looking @ something like this. it's even cheaper @ walmart but the instal kit and the steering wheel buttons interface still would be from here anyway.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWXR...FFDouble%40DIN

Old 11-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

That actually looks like it would fill the space in the dash very well. Thats one thing I hate about the dash in the Century..it looks really awkward with single din head units.

I'm pretty sure I use the steering wheel controls way more than I use the buttons on the radio, and I don't particularly want to have to pay a lot extra to be able to keep them. Haha. I'm probably going to do the AUX port next weekend. My tape adapter is starting to work real bad now :\

Old 12-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

Got some new pictures today

Old 12-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Those flaps look like they work fine for all thses off roading pics. I almost want to snag the Raly Armor ones off my subaru since it's parked for the winter.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Haha yeah, they sure do cut the dirt down a lot, but they suck when salt and stow sticks onto them during the winter. I might pick up some generic ones and keep them coated with something slippery like armour all..it might keep the build up down..

Old 12-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

The Rally Armors cost a fortune but don't hold much snow on them. Not sure if they would look right on the buick. Would have to drill some holes in the splash guard for them to work.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...2_original.jpg

Old 12-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

They might work and look good.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I haven't really posted much about my car in the last couple months.. mainly because things have gotten slow since the cold weather moved in.

During christmas break, one of my ballasts stopped working, so I had to take my HIDs out What a difference going back to halogen bulbs! I quickly modded my Eurolite high beam bulbs to fit in the low sockets, so at least my lights are somewhat bright again, and have a very pale blue tint to them. My ballasts have a 2 year warranty on them, so I'm sending the dead one back, and its going to be repaired/replaced. Good enough. haha.

I also got my drivers' side rocker panel fixed over christmas too. It came out well. Can't really even notice that it was rusted in the first place. It was really bad in spots, and this was just a temporary fix. I'll probably order the molded piece and replace the whole thing. Even the lip in places was rusted off

I finished another step in my blacking out all the trim the other day by installing some Reflective Concepts black reflective letters in place of the chrome BUICK letters in my back bumper. They came out pretty good.

I also made another attempt at my interior lights over the last two days. I installed two purple strips in the trunk to replace the trunk light. I plan on adding two more that I had to help light it up more eventually.

I also finally got my LEDs installed under my seats. I have them hooked up to plug into the second 12v dc plug I added a few months ago. They came out really good. I was expecting them to be really bright and distracting, but they glow perfect.

That's all for now. My next project will probably be the rest of the lights in the trunk, if the weather warms up at all.

Thanks for looking

Travis

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My neverending project. "Special Ed"