New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New from MN

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Default New from MN

Hi all. I am a new member from Minnesota. I'm on my 5th Buick now, a 2005 Century I bought a couple weeks ago. My favorite Buicks are my 69 Sportwagon, long ago deceased, and my 95 Park Avenue, recently deceased.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:31 AM

Welcome to the site ! Not sure, did the 86 have that uneven designed engine that didn't idle very smooth?

Old 12-24-2010, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
Welcome to the site ! Not sure, did the 86 have that uneven designed engine that didn't idle very smooth?

It was a long time ago. It had the 2.5 four cylinder. I do remember it was the era when steering racks failed regularly.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:30 AM

What is your opinion of your Buick's ride?

Have owned in the past, 40 Buick Coupe, 53 Buick Roadmaster , 55 Buick Roadmaster, 80 Century,84 Regal , I know I forgot some , but still am driving a 90 Century. I had the opportunity to watch the Riveria, Seville,Toronado and Eldorado as they were being built at the GM plant where I used to live. For some reason the Buick came out the best of the bunch.
They never gave too much trouble , how was your experiences with them?
By the way ,MERRY CHRISTMAS !

Old 12-25-2010, 08:16 AM

The 05 Century rides nice. Very smooth and quiet, newest car I have ever owned. The Park Avenue, of course, rode great and was loaded with everything a guy could want. My 93 LeSabre I had for all of 3 weeks before a dump truck ran a stop sign and T-boned it, ending its life (fortunately I survived!). The 86 Century was very nice, I loved the A-bodies but it had the steering rack issue. The 69 Sportwagon was just plain cool, though it had some electrical issues. I sold it to a friend and its life came to a premature end at the hands of a drunk driver. Overall, I like Buicks because I like comfort and style.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:13 AM

I have driven many different vehicles and in my opinion there is no ride like a Buick ride.
Its among one of the best.