Lucerne Buick's full size luxury vehicle

Lucerne won't start? Troubleshoot it yourself!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Default Lucerne won't start? Troubleshoot it yourself!

Hello folks,

Happy Friday to all you wonderful Buick enthusiasts Nothing would ruin your weekend plans more than car troubles, so if your Lucerne refuses to start don't wring your hands and curse up a storm- troubleshoot the problem yourself with this concise guide:

First, turn the key and see if the check engine light comes on. If the check engine light comes on, it means the computer controlling the engine is active. If the engine light does not come on, there may be a problem with the computer such as a broken fuse.

The next point of inspection may be obvious but it is overlooked more often than you'd think. Check to see if your car has gas in it!

Determine whether the battery is dead or not. Turn the ignition on, and then turn the windshield wipers on. If the windshield wipers are running slowly, the battery may be dying or dead. Also check the dashboard lights. If the light is dim the battery may be depleted. You can recharge the battery by jump-starting the Lucerne and letting the engine run for a few hours.

Additionally, listen for unusual noises. Heavy knocking may suggest engine problems, while a whistling sound may mean a belt has come loose.

Finally, you may want to inspect your starter to determine whether or not it is bad. The OEM part number for a starter is 19136233. Replace as necessary.

As always if you cannot effectively solve your Lucerne starting issues then take your car to a reputable local mechanic. Good luck!

Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 AM

I was told along time ago to turn on your headlights and if when you turn the key they go out that you have a bad ground.
Mike

Old 04-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Unhappy 2006 buik lucerne wont start

this starter was replaced twice and both checked out good .the car still wont start I hear a click at the starter location lights work horn. radio, is it possibly the alternator and if so can anyone tell me the best way to replace IT. DAUGHTER BOUGHT THE CAR AT A lot as is and you pay way too much for a problem vehicle but I am trying to help her out.