LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

What’s the best route for...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:32 AM

running a amp power cable from the battery to the trunk?
Edited by: KillaCam

Old 06-16-2006, 05:19 PM

well depends on the guage of your wire, standard systems go from 8 - 4 guage power/ground wire. Most cars can accomidate this kinda wire in the kick pannel. the plastic trim that keeps your carpet down drivers and passangers side, if your wire fits here, Drill a hole in your firewall and use a rubber grommet, run it throught your firewall under your carpet to the kick on the side of the battery. If you're like me your using a 1 guage power wire and you run it in a garden hose, if this is the case, the best rout is under the car, depending on your car, watch out for pinch points, use zap straps (the metal tooth ones not the plastice tooth) and strap it to secure parts of your underbody. run it to the back of your car, depending on your car drill a hole into your trunk/spare tire well. Mine goes into my spare tire well cause that's where my air pump/tank/filter goes for my air suspension.

But usualy, you just run it in your kick pannel. remeber to run power lines down one kick and RCA's/speaker wire down the other. you should never run your audio allong side your power.

Hope that helps. let me know if you need anything else