LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

Power Route from Battery to Cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 02:12 PM

Greetings.
I inherited a beautiful 1998 Buick LeSabre and would like to route power directly from the battery (through proper fusing of course) into the passenger compartment. I would like to use about 12-guage wire and will power my Ham Radio plus some other miscellaneous small loads using Anderson Power Pole connectors.

For the life of me I cannot find anywhere I can route the wires through the firewall, and would like suggestions from other Hams who may have already done this. For now, I am going to get a fuse-tap at an auto parts store and use that temporarily, or maybe use a wire tap to add onto the cigarette lighter wire.

Too bad they didn''t put aux outlets on this car. It would have saved a lot of trouble.

Thanks guys and gals. I appreciate any ideas. I may even go have the dealer do it if I have to (but I''d rather not).

Jim Darrough
Springfield, OR

Old 08-18-2008, 04:26 PM

I can''t remember exactly where I went through but I know it is on the opposite side of the battery(drivers side). So you would have to go from the battery to the fire wall, then across the fire wall and through, and then back to the passenger side. I remember having to remove the glove box and a few other things.

If you look under the hood on the drivers side, you should see where there are other wires already going through.

Hope this helps, that is the best I can remember.

Good Luck and enjoy you Buick.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:48 PM

Thanks for your time! My problem is that everything seems to be out of focus (tri-focals notwithstanding). Do you remember whether the hole you found was for wires or for cables?

Anyone else?

Regards, Jim Darrough