LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

Road noise: 03 vs 04 LeSabre

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 06:46 PM
Default Road noise: 03 vs 04 LeSabre

I read that the '04 got enhanced acoustical insulation. Are the 04 & 05 models significantly quieter than the 03s? And were the intake manifolds also improved? I read on the interweb that the Series III was the base engine for any 3800 engine after 2003 - but does that mean the 04 and 05 LeSabres also got the aluminum intake manifolds?

(I have an 03 Park Avenue, which is pretty quiet, but I'm still idly looking for a LeSabre Limited. Just wondering if the 04-05s were significantly improved in terms of road noise over the 03s and earlier to warrant limiting my search to an 04 or an 05.)

Old 05-23-2020, 09:06 PM

Have you ever wondered why some used vehicles are out there for sale?

Let's say you know your vehicle and maybe have a good reason for wanting to get another without the problem you believe yours has.

Now the other vehicles out there could have been "traded/ moved" because of some problem the last owner felt they didn't want to spend the $$ to correct. Well, now his problem becomes yours. If there was no particular reason for getting rid of the vehicle ,would you still want a different vehicle? Make sure you know what you are getting before getting rid of a reasonably good vehicle , and hoping you get a reasonably good vehicle in it's place. I have seen this a number of times and just thought I might pass it on.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:41 PM

Very sound advice! To clarify, I don't want to get rid of the PA (they'll have to pry the Memory 1 fob and Pass-Key III key from my cold, dead hands before that will happen). But I wouldn't mind picking up a daily driver so I could save the PA for Sundays. I don't see the era of luxurious smooth sailing column shifting land cruisers coming back in my lifetime (although the recently departed Impala looks like it might be nice) and I have no interest in SUVs. If I could pick up a well-maintained, well-optioned and reasonably priced LeSabre or Century, then I could relax a little, if that makes any sense.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:14 AM

I believe I have an idea where you are coming from.
We got spoiled driving an older Buick, let's face it.
Even some of the older years of other manufacturers rode really great. Looks, well they kinda made a statement if that is what you were trying to do.
Can't say I blame you for attempting to preserve your PA.
If you were to line up 20 SUVs , they seem to all look pretty much the same.
They have come a long way with safety features. A drunk could probably get into his/her car today and maybe make it home without any problem. Things like accident avoidance, lane departure, adaptive cruise control, do make it safer for all of us. Like everything else , lookout when they malfunction and we get lax , will we remember what we should do, I hope so !

Old 05-27-2020, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by seaguy45
Very sound advice! To clarify, I don't want to get rid of the PA (they'll have to pry the Memory 1 fob and Pass-Key III key from my cold, dead hands before that will happen). But I wouldn't mind picking up a daily driver so I could save the PA for Sundays. I don't see the era of luxurious smooth sailing column shifting land cruisers coming back in my lifetime (although the recently departed Impala looks like it might be nice) and I have no interest in SUVs. If I could pick up a well-maintained, well-optioned and reasonably priced LeSabre or Century, then I could relax a little, if that makes any sense.
Curious, do you have any pics of your park avenue? I love my sabre but wouldn't mind at all getting an ultra.

Old 05-28-2020, 03:57 PM

Looks like you just got it off the showroom floor !

Old 05-28-2020, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Looks like you just got it off the showroom floor !
Thanks! She is beautiful. Somebody put a dent in the rear quarter today! Shopping center basterds! I noticed it when I got home. Thank God it's in the upper middle part where I can pull the dent out.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:53 AM

No matter what kind or condition your vehicle is in, It pays to park away from where most other people park. You might need to walk a few steps further, but the further away from other people and vehicles in a shopping area the better. I doubt anyone intentionally rammed a cart into your vehicle, but people empty their cart and let them roll away not caring where they go,,,,,,,,,,,except if it is headed for their vehicle.
"A thing of beauty will be annoyed forever".
If you watch, you will see so many people back out of a parking spot without ever turning around to look behind them. Most of them can't and it is a wonder there aren't more accidents.
I happen to find it amusing how so many people will drive around a parking lot for 10-15 minutes so they don;t have to walk a few more steps from a safer parking spot.
Something to pass on, If not already known, always ,if possible, park in a space where you are able to drive forward getting out. .Avoid backing up if at all possible..