LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

Front "groaning" noise when braking

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 10:17 PM
Default Front "groaning" noise when braking

I need help with a front end groaning noise when coming to a stop on my 03 lesabre. Front end does vibrate and shake a bit and I can feel it in the steering wheel when this Happens. Happens very intermittently, once in a while but not every day. Recently replaced pads all around with delco ceramic pads. Rotors were perfect so didn't replace them. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Last edited by Frampton1007; 06-06-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:30 AM

If you did not have this problem before replacing the pads, I would think it is brake syst related. I don't recall if ceramic pads were original equip. , but they require rotors to be able to stand up to ceramic pads, regular rotors will not.
If you pull the ABS use , you can see if that gets rid of the problem. If it does there is a problem with a wheel speed sensor or the signal one of them is sending back to the ABS unit.
What is the condition of the rest of the front suspension components, ball joints, steering components?

Old 06-07-2020, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
If you did not have this problem before replacing the pads, I would think it is brake syst related. I don't recall if ceramic pads were original equip. , but they require rotors to be able to stand up to ceramic pads, regular rotors will not.
If you pull the ABS use , you can see if that gets rid of the problem. If it does there is a problem with a wheel speed sensor or the signal one of them is sending back to the ABS unit.
What is the condition of the rest of the front suspension components, ball joints, steering components?
What is abs use? Rest of front end is tight.

Old 06-07-2020, 10:43 AM

As you can tell my typing leaves something to be desired.
The sentence should have read, ABS(AntiLock Brake System) FUSE.
I realize it is somewhat of a hassle to keep removing the rear seat. The owner's manual should indicate which fuse protects that. Removing the fuse ,temporarily renders the system inoperative and the problem will either be gone or still present. If it is still present, I would look deeper into the pad work.

Old 06-07-2020, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
As you can tell my typing leaves something to be desired.
The sentence should have read, ABS(AntiLock Brake System) FUSE.
I realize it is somewhat of a hassle to keep removing the rear seat. The owner's manual should indicate which fuse protects that. Removing the fuse ,temporarily renders the system inoperative and the problem will either be gone or still present. If it is still present, I would look deeper into the pad work.
Will do. Thanks!