LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

Replacing / Adding the following parts..

Old 05-22-2006, 02:09 PM

Hi guys, I just got a 95' LeSabre recently and I was planning on adding the following parts.. opinions are welcome and wanted! :-)

<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 480; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh: .5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev: .5pt solid windowtext" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1>
<T>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0">
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 351pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; : transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=468>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Window Vents[/B]</TD></TR>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1">
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 351pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; : transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=468>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Intake[/B]</TD></TR>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2">
<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 351pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; : transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=468>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Single exhaust to dual exhaust[/B]</TD></TR>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Fog Lights[/B]</TD></TR>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">HID lighting system[/B]</TD></TR>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Buick Mudflaps[/B]</TD></TR>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 6">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Port Holes[/B]</TD></TR>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 7">
<st1:City><st1lace><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Monroe[/B]</st1lace></st1:City><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"> Air Shocks (gotta get an adapter.. )[/B]</TD></TR>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 8">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">ACCEL Performance Fuel Injector [ [/B]30lb. flow rate, 6pc. <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">][/B]</TD></TR>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 9">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Weiand Intake Manifold[/B] <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">[ [/B]w/EGR; Power Band to 6800RPM <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">][/B]</TD></TR>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 10">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">ACCEL Spark Plug Wire Set [ [/B]Extreme 9000 8mm Ferro-Spiral <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">][/B]</TD></TR>
<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 11; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Brake System Replacement (rotors/pads/brakeline)[/B]</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

I'd really like some feedback on the Intake Manifold and Fuel Injector.. look good?

Old 05-23-2006, 02:04 PM

Well, sounds cool. Not to rain on your parade, but I doubt that the fuel injectors will make a significant difference. Depending on their cost, I would put them low on your list.

The spark plug wires are a good thing to replace, but it probably doesn't pay to spend much over stock. Many of these cars had aluminum heat shields over the spark plug boots from the factory to protect them from exhaust manifold heat. I would recommend that you re-use these, or replace them if they are missing.

Be careful that you get the "HID" lights from a reliable source. A true High Intensity Discharge light requires a power pack to step up the voltage, and is quite expensive. It also should have different optics (lens and reflector), which I don't think anyone makes for your headlights. Maybe you are talking about auxiliary lights.

The HID posers are just a blue tinted bulb, which, although you may like the appearance, actually puts out less light for a given wattage. Increasing the wattage may overheat your wiring and connections.

You might consider getting some of your upgrades from the Park Avenue or Ultra, which are the same body as yours (1991-1996).

Old 05-24-2006, 02:19 PM

I'm getting the HID lights from www.gohid.com its like $400 for a set, comes with everything I believe. As fora lens and reflector I'm not changing out the entire thing, just the bulb, the HID set comes with two bulbs, and two power packs (called ballasts I think..) it's just the bulb hooked up to a ballast and wired to the car.

Oh and I found out that manifold I wanted wont fit I think..

Old 05-24-2006, 02:51 PM

O.K. Sounds like you're doing your homework.

Can you talk to somebody who has used those HID units? I talked to Sylvania when I got their Zenarcs for my F150. They said that I could not just stick an HID bulb in a regular headlight; if that were possible, they would have done it. Don't know the reason. Of course, they were trying to sell me their complete replacement, which included different reflector and lens. Still, it would give me pause before spending $400.

If you do go ahead, I'd like to hear how they work out. If they are good, I'd get some for my '97 Park Ave Ultra.Edited by: MrBSS

Old 05-24-2006, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by MrBSS

O.K. Sounds like you're doing your homework.

Can you talk to somebody who has used those HID units? I talked to Sylvania when I got their Zenarcs for my F150. They said that I could not just stick an HID bulb in a regular headlight; if that were possible, they would have done it. Don't know the reason. Of course, they were trying to sell me their complete replacement, which included different reflector and lens. Still, it would give me pause before spending $400.

If you do go ahead, I'd like to hear how they work out. If they are good, I'd get some for my '97 Park Ave Ultra.

Yea man they sound pretty legit, check out the site, www.gohid.com it explains everything about them too.