LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

I don't care if rain is in the forecast.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 06:31 AM
Talking I don't care if rain is in the forecast.

I just do not care if rain is in the forecast is what I told my wife Friday. After the past 2 weeks of canceling going to a car show because of the forecast and then only one did it rain very early in the morning.

So Saturday morning we get ready and head out to the Waterford Mi Elk's club car show. We stopped for breakfast on the north side of Waterford hill. It started to rain as we left the resturant, rained all the way up to the top of the hill but stopped on the south side about 5 miles before the show grounds.

We were to first to get there to register, Lady told us we could park any place out there. We picked a spot along the tree line (N Vets know what they are.) and I got about polishing the wheels first then blacking the tires includeing the tread (that does count too I have found) Then the Lucas Mist shine came out (great stuff and easy) start on the left side trunk and worked to the front, around to the right side across the back and down both sides.

Pull out the windex because I had left the Armor All window wipes in my truck DARN. Great for windows and no streaking or going back over them with a micro fiber to polish them.

I was about done when 3 other cars show up, they park far away like I had the plague. Soon four more show up and again they park away from us along the tree line. i tell Kare maybe where we parked is for the over flow so move to where the last four had parked. Nice people all for of the guys were Nam vets too although well after I had came home.

they were amazed when Noon rolled around and only 17 cars and a single pick up showed up. Said last year there were over 100 cars and trucks there. By noon it didn't even look like rain in the sky and the humidity rose also.

So first off they announced that we had gotten a prize for being there first, 2 T shirts, Ads for Southern Motors but Never the less prizes.

Then they started drawing door prizes with driver number tickets as a group desended on the cars judgeing them. We had our drivers number called about 5th believe. Won a Multi tool key chain, a multi meter (DVOM) and a 32 piece screw driver set.

We went and ate lunch at their lunch counter, They were out of burgers but had some real good brats with sides of baked beans, coleslaw, potato salad and a bag o chips for $5.00.

We finished lunch and walked back to the car and I tell Kare I want to go look at and talk to the guy with the pick up a 62 Ford 1/2 ton. He tells me that it is his daily summer time driver but in the last couple years been picky what days he drives it.

They started announceing the top 10 winners in no special order the anouncer said.
They called our name and car so I walk up and get our top ten award.
Some left before I could get their picture.

Name:  MzEzjEn.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  1.77 MB

The only lonely Pick up and owner.

Name:  O2j5Qt9.jpg
Size:  3.08 MB

All the rest of thr top ten who had not left.

Chevy II.

Name:  zTrCBky.jpg
Size:  2.25 MB

Georges 62 Vette

Name:  1QeV4Bt.jpg
Size:  3.56 MB

Chico's Impala.

Name:  BONXlFW.jpg
Size:  2.31 MB

Steves Pontiac Grand Prix

Name:  xMzrkRA.jpg
Size:  1.94 MB

Dans 57 Chevy.

Name:  NrQ3mdM.jpg
Size:  1.63 MB

Best in show, trophy was about 7 feet tall, Kept in the hall with car, owner pictures a smaller 2 foot trophy was given to take home. A lot of well spent money in the car.

Name:  fRjI16p.jpg
Size:  1.69 MB

Name:  EJUg7ok.jpg
Size:  2.04 MB

Name:  ZoS9jko.jpg
Size:  2.16 MB

Name:  vAqAyGG.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  2.41 MB

Before we broke camp and left a fellow from thre Elk's club came around and thanked us for coming. and asked for us to come back next year.

Al

Old 06-26-2018, 04:03 PM

Thanks for the pix, enjoyed seeing some of the old memories.You did some nice work !