LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

Heater Blower Intermittent 98 Buick Lesabre

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Default Heater Blower Intermittent 98 Buick Lesabre

I'm hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction. As temperatures are getting colder here in Ohio, some morning the fan for my defrost/heater on my 98 Lesabre works right away, sometimes it kicks on later, and other times the fan may not work at all. I can feel heat coming from the heater core.
How do I troubleshoot whether it might be blower relay, blower, resister, or something else? Any way to bypass it so my wife doesn't get stuck with ice on the windows or windows fogging up until I can resolve the problem?
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Scott

Old 03-01-2010, 12:14 AM
Cool Intermitten Fan

My wifes fan motor did the same thing. Her car is a 92 Regal but they are a lot alike. The fan was really easy to get out. What I found was the plug had worn in its socket and created the on and off again issue. Since I had to take the time to get the covers off under the dash and pull things apart I wnt ahead and cleaned the fan with compressed air. Then reinstalled it and put a small plastic wedge between the plug and the fan housing to keep the plug connection tight. So far so good for two months now. My son had his fan in his Subaru quit all together also this winter but we found his problem was at the switch itself and used a tie wrap to hold that plug up and in on the back of the controller to fix it. Again so far it still works. I guess the best answer I can give is check those connections and see what you find. Hope this helps.
KM