General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

95 LeSabre intermittent problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 08:40 PM

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this site and glad to have found it. I have a problem with my 95 LeSabre. I have been stuck at leasat 8 times, sometimes only for a few minutes, sometimes an hour. The car stalls, sometimes it will start right back up, sometimes not. When this happens the window or seat controls also will not function, although all of the other electric stuff seems to continue to work (radio, wipers, horn etc.). The car sounds like it wants to start, but won't. (I noticed the window stops working seconds before the car stalls).

When this happened today I tried something new, I pumped on the gas (I know you aren't supposed to but I wanted to see what happened) and the car sort of started but was going too rough to stay on. So, as with the other times I got stuck, I waited and in about a half hour the car just started right up and ran fine. FYI this has happened while in park and while in motion. In between getting stuck the car runs fine for days as though there were nothing at all wrong with it. This has been going on for at least a month and a half.

Are the fuel injectors tied into the power window controls and seat controls somehow? One person told me battery, another electrical, and another computer. What should I do first? I already looked at all my fuses.

I saw almost this exact question posted on 5/9/05 but it wasn't really answered. Is this a LeSabre thing? What should I do to figure it out?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks, debobEdited by: debob

Old 10-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

ign control module. most parts store will test em 4 free. prob more than 100 bucks if bad.128 here