LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

Fuel filler nexk removal procedure

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2024, 05:06 PM
Default Fuel filler neck removal procedure

Hello,

I have a 2001 lesabre custom that is giving me the dic for gas cap loose and then setting the p0440 code at some point later. I replaced the tubing and connectors that go to fp regulator, throttle body and evap valve next to intake plenum. I also removed both evap solenoids(front next to intake and by gas tank)and tested elec and verified open and closed flow. I have visually examined the tubes in the evap system. Car is clean underneath not that it means anything definitive. Maybe the next best step is to do a smoke test. I wonder if the gas filler is a possibility. The car does smell near the tank. The smell could be related to the carbon canister as well. I was checking rear brakes and have examined potentially how to remove fuel filler. I know there is a band clamp where it connects to tank, but i Cannot figure out how to remove it. I have seen a few responses on this subject in different places but nothing detailed enough that I understood to help. Can someone share a detailed procedure they have or if they have successfully done this? Sometimes you dont know what you dont know. Thanks.

Last edited by Carguy; 02-12-2024 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-17-2024, 08:02 PM

Whatever you do, before attempting to open any fuel lines please make sure you pull the fuel pump fuse or relay and let the engine stall by running out of fuel.

That allows the pressure in the lines to go down so you don't get a gas bath.
Today's gasoline is not good to get on your skin, wear gloves. Smart/wise techs always do !