LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

early 90’’s problem help

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 02:19 PM

My father has a early 90''s lasabre and has a mystery problem. We have worked on it and also brought it to shops and still no luck.
Ok we can drive this vehicle for about 3 or 4 day then all of a sudden the oil light comes on and the car will not start while it is hot. Once it is cooled down it will start up but will cut off once its hot again. Now we can let the vehicle for about 2 or 3 days and then we can drive the vehicle for 3 or 4 days again before it shuts off. There also is a clicking behind the dash not sure it if thats also part of the problem or seprate.
We have changed everything dealing with the fuel system the o2 sensor have been replaced. There has been been a few more things that my father has done since i had to report to my duty station. Trying to get some ideas on what else to look at on this problem vehicle.[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

thanks

Old 10-25-2008, 04:05 PM

clicking sounds like a relay...

if its geting hot and melting something..? or the relay gets to hot and it starts shorting that could do it...

I had a car that had a bad ignition control modal and when it got hot
the car would lose power on and off then would die every once and a while...

the car also would not start for a while untill it cooled down

i''ve also had my crown vic that the throttle position sencer would get hot and not let the car start or stay running..

I''ve had a dodge neon that had a hydro lock inside the motor (air bubble big enough to f things up)

that would be in the coolent system..
to flush that. stick a garden hose in the radiator while the car is running...

its messy but does the trick

humm with out more options or maby a video i cant do much of a diagnoses for ya man..