LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

2001 LeSabre Limited-Heat Thru AC Vents

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 06:36 AM
Question 2001 LeSabre Limited-Heat Thru AC Vents

Folks,
I need some help if anyone can provide it. I have an '01 LeSabre Limited with Automatic Climate Control. Two days ago I got a new battery. When I disconnected the old battery, the Climate Control was on. I replaced the battery, and everything seemed fine. Yesterday, however, the heat would only come through the AC vents, and not the floor vents as designed. Now, I'm not sure if there is even a correlation between the HVAC diverter door problem and the battery replacement. At any rate, I read somewhere that there may be memory in some actuators involved, and it was suggested to remove all HVAC-related fuses for 5 minutes, then put key to ON for 1 minute, then power up the Climate Control. I did that, but it didn't help. Of course Dummy Me forgot to turn Climate Control off first, so I'll try that when the sun comes up. When I did replace the fuses and turn the key to ON, I did hear a couple of motors (?) humming for a few seconds, so there may be something to this. On the other hand, this might just be a shot in the dark. I don't know. I'm not even sure if there is vacuum involved in the operation. Maybe you do.
So that's where I'm at, folks. Any tips, info or troubleshooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dave