LaCrosse Buick's new mid-sized luxury sedan

Radar System Issue?

Old 01-05-2019, 01:58 AM
Question Radar System Issue?

Hi all,
I have a 2018 LaCrosse AWD Premium II, including Driver Confidence II package. I noticed tonight after parking, a weird two-toned beep would happen every few seconds, stop for a minute or two, then resume every 5-15 seconds. Initially, I believed it to be my truck making the noise, but once I ruled that out, I was able to pinpoint that the noise is coming from the passenger side front wheel well, or very near there. While listening, I heard a whining noise as well. Also while I was down there, I noticed my front bumper wasn't aligned perfectly, and then I saw that the radar sensor (very last one before the wheel well) was indented slightly and loosely attached to it's mounts. In other words, either my car had a nice little love tap from someone else, or another person driving my car had a little bump into an object.

Regardless, I'm wondering if anyone here is aware if my hunch that the annoying beeping could be the radar system? I did turn the car on, no warning or 'feature unavailable notices appeared, nor did it sound as though the beeping was still happening..unless it was just being drowned out by the engine noise (which is also likely).

I work for a GM dealership, and we have Buick in our group, and I'm taking it to be checked over when I go to work Monday, but I'm wondering if anyone else has damaged their radar sensors or just aware/any ideas in general what exactly this could be.

Any and all help & ideas are always welcomed and appreciated!

Old 01-06-2019, 05:31 AM

Yes, this also sounds as part of the AWD system, radar pretty close description. Way I understand it, each wheel has speed monitor to detect slippage or it's for ABS brake system?