check engine light and loss of power at low RPM - Buick Forum - Buick Enthusiasts Forums

Old 09-18-2017, 09:50 AM

Default check engine light and loss of power at low RPM

Hey everyone, I'm new here and have an issue. I bought a 1995 Park Ave a few months ago. I gave it a tune up and new intake gaskets and everything seamed to be fine. Now the check engine light comes on every once in a while, I took it to a local parts store to check it out and they said there are no codes stored and they are ghost codes and I need to replace the ECM. Does this sound like something any of you have came across? Also, seems to have power loss at lower RPM's, don't know if this has anything to do with the other but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for any help.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:12 AM

So I might check my fresh air intake joints and emission issues seem to be showing up now. Leaking fill tube connection, hoses bad, etc., wouldn't change ECM just yet.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:35 AM

ok, so I got to looking around and found the problem, apparently the O2 sensor came unplugged while driving down the interstate. Super easy fix. Thanks