1968 buick riv headlight switch replacement - Buick Forum - Buick Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Buick Forum - Buick Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Tech Help
Reload this Page >

1968 buick riv headlight switch replacement

General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

1968 buick riv headlight switch replacement

Old 12-01-2018, 02:28 PM
Default 1968 buick riv headlight switch replacement

does anyone know how to take out and replace a headlight switch in the dash?

Old 12-01-2018, 04:11 PM

Boy,,,,this does go back a bit,
If it is incorrect I apologize ,
You need to get your hand under the dash so you can feel the light switch. On that switch should be a release button that if you depress it, you can remove the switch **** stick. Now with the **** out of the way you can unscrew the bezel that holds the switch in place and the switch assy can now be pulled down to see what you have. I believe all you need to do is remove the plug from the old switch and install it on the replacement sw. Like I stated earlier, this is what I seem to recall. Let us know how you make out with this project OK, thanks. If you have the replacement sw some of this might make some sense when you can see what you are working with.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:55 PM
Default thanks

Originally Posted by hanky View Post
Boy,,,,this does go back a bit,
If it is incorrect I apologize ,
You need to get your hand under the dash so you can feel the light switch. On that switch should be a release button that if you depress it, you can remove the switch **** stick. Now with the **** out of the way you can unscrew the bezel that holds the switch in place and the switch assy can now be pulled down to see what you have. I believe all you need to do is remove the plug from the old switch and install it on the replacement sw. Like I stated earlier, this is what I seem to recall. Let us know how you make out with this project OK, thanks. If you have the replacement sw some of this might make some sense when you can see what you are working with.
thanks It is very tight in there. I cant believe there is not an easier way with this switch