Parking Lights stay on - Buick Forum - Buick Enthusiasts Forums

Old 12-27-2012, 12:49 PM

Default Parking Lights stay on

This past weekend, my neighbor called to tell me I left my parking lights on, but I hadn't driven the car all weekend. Sure enough, they were on! It had been raining, and I assumed something had gotten wet. The headlights were not on. After pushing the Twighlight Sentinel to off, pulling the lights on and off, and using the keyless entry, they finally went off.

Now, anytime I drive the car and the lights come on (dark, rainy, whatever) the parking lights stay on, after I cut the car off, the headlights seem to be working with the Twighlight Sentinel, but not the parking lights. I go through the same effort now, every evening on getting them to turn off. There doesn't seem to be a pattern, sometimes the keyless will turn them off, sometime turning the lights on and off will do it.

Any ideas on whats causing this problem?
Old 12-27-2012, 02:38 PM

Could you tell us the year and model ?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:51 PM

Sorry, thought I had it in there! 1997 Park Avenue Ultra.

I am leaning toward the light control module. It did it again tonight and I disconnected the light switch/sentinel, and parking lights stayed on. Anybody able to tell me where that it is located?
Old 12-28-2012, 03:14 AM

It should be located under the center of the dash just to the right of the accelerator pedal.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 AM

Does the LCM have any effect on the interior lamps? I have random interior lights (not all of them) staying on my morning commute this morning as well. Hoping I don't have an additional problem.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:59 AM

I hate to revive an old thread, but was this Ever solved??? I have a 97 Buick Park Avenue Ultra with the same issue. My parking lights will not shut off unless I pull the fuse. also when this started happening my keyless entry remote stopped working as well. But even if I pull that fuse something is still running because if I come outside the next day my battery is dead even with no lights or anything on.