'66 Electra...I did something really stupid! - Buick Forum - Buick Enthusiasts Forums

Old 05-25-2016, 07:03 PM

Exclamation '66 Electra...I did something really stupid!

I must be losing it. I went to start her up this morning after sitting over the winter. With a couple blasts of starter fluid it started right up. I then turned it off and later went to restart it and it barely turned and then "click click". Thought battery was low so hooked up the jump starter BACKWARDS! There was sparking at the batt terminals as you can imagine. I hooked it up correctly this time but now I have absolutely nothing. No headlights no idiot lights, nothing...zilch. Like there is no battery in it. I took battery out and checked it battery is good. Put a new ignition switch in it, and still nothing. If I try to connect the battery cables I get a pretty good spark. I fried something just not sure where to go next. Starter selenoid, voltage reg, junction block? I tried looking for a fuseable link but don't see one unless it is behind the dash somewhere?
Thanks for any help!