Century Buick's mid sized affordable sedan

Sensor problem '02 Century

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Default Sensor problem '02 Century

I drive a '02 Century. When I look at the dash it says: low tire, service engine soon, low coolant, and change oil. My tires have good pressure, I check the coolant regularly and change oil at appropriate times. I have chatted with a mechanic a couple times and he has turned off these ECU lights twice, but the warnings continue to light up. Do you have any suggestions? Do I need a new sensor? Would it makes sense to have the warning lights turned off again?

Old 08-30-2009, 09:07 PM

Well, the TPMS (tire pressure monitor system) is telling you that you have a low tire pressure. This can be caused by a couple things. Look on inside your drivers side door jam, and there will be a tag that tells you the appropriate tire pressure recommended for your vehicle. Then make sure that your tires are inflated to those values. If the light is still on, you either have a bad sensor which is located on the rim inside the tire, or the system needs to be reset by the dealer. You can also go to the local walmart tire and lube express and they can check out the TPMS sensor for you, and reset or replace it. There is also a way to reset your "change oil" light, and you will have to look in your owners manual on how to do that. As far as the low coolant light, it is probably a dirty sensor if you reguraly check the coolant. Don't just check the overflow reservior, check the actual radiator itself. DO NOT DO THIS WHILE THE CAR IS HOT!!!! Wait until the radiator is cool to the touch, then remove the cap slowly, letting any pressure out before you actually take it off. keep filling until you can't put any more in, and then put the cap back on and make sure it is tight.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:36 PM

All those warning indicators at once indicate a common cause at, or leading to, the instrument panel. Buick has had problems with connector terminals.

There may be trouble codes stored in memory when the fault occurs, and the technician has cleared the codes which keeps the lights off until the real problem happens again.

I suggest getting it back to the technician and have him check for trouble codes next time the lights come on. It may narrow down which circuits are producing the problem. You may also suggest a thorough inspection of the instrument panel connector. I deal with a lot of questions like this at www.realworldautomotive.com

Old 09-30-2009, 01:41 AM

I think its better to change your sensor.because for now onwards its a small problem but if you not change your sensor then it may turn into a bigger problem.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Banned

Buick New Excelle Car DVD Player with GPS Steering wheel control

car DVD player online store

Product Description:
  • NEW Excelle Touch screen 6.5 Inch 2-DIN TFT LCD Monitor with DVD Player/TV/4*45 amplifier/AM/FM
  • Built-in GPS/CDC/USB/SD Card
  • 3D menu Operation
  • ipod ready
  • Steering wheel control
  • DVD/VCD/MP3/MP4/DIVX/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-RW Formats
  • Dimmer function for night driving
  • DVD/VCD/CD changer control interface
  • Multi-channel auto EQ
  • Auto reverse function when parking
  • Car clock function
  • AUX input
  • Bluetooth build-in