Century Buick's mid sized affordable sedan

do you have to use dex-cool???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 11:03 AM

i have a 2000 buick centruy that used dex-cool i was told by a mechanic you can flush and clean the radiotor and use reg antifreeze instead of dexcool. does anyone know if this is a fact??? i am afraid not to use anything but that dexcool!!! i also saw where they had a law suit over that dexcool did not ever recieve information regarding it has caused alot of repair problems with heaters and radiators. I hate dexcool looks awful in your radiator.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:09 PM

yes it looks awful, and IF you decide to get it switched, ask several shops, maybe even a Buick Dealer. Then get a good shop to do the work, that way if you run into problems they should cover it. Just my thoughts.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:55 PM

You can switch the only advantage to Dex cool is the longer life of it which is up for debate. It will not hurt anything to switch to the green antifreeze. The only thing it will do is change how often you are supost to change it. I personally never change my antifreeze and I use green. I figure the waterpump, radiator, a hose or something will go bad and then while that is being fixed I will get new antifreeze put in. It seems like something hapens about every to years that requires me to drain the antifreeze anyway.