Roadmaster The full size rear-wheel drive Buick of the past, the longest non limo Buicks

'94 Roadmaster

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Default '94 Roadmaster

i have a roadmaster for a derby car. it has the LT! in it. i tapped a guy really light and the car just shut off. it cranks like crazy but wont fire. we checked for spark and there was nothing in cylinder 1 and 3. could this be the coil pack is done? or maybe a sensor somewhere? im running out of ideas of what to check and dunno what else to look for. i dont know alot about the LT1

Old 09-30-2010, 03:19 AM

It sounds like you might have no spark in more than just those two cyls. Can you check and verify that you have no spark at any cyls? Is there an anti theft system at work here?

Old 10-01-2010, 01:59 PM

there is no spark at all on the drivers side there is no theft thing either

Old 10-02-2010, 11:45 AM

The most likely thing would be the crank sensor behind the crankshaft pulley, but I can't relate how this might have been affected by just tapping someone. Also check all your fuses. There are fuses that control ignition and I believe its marked IGN or ECM. Check them all . Let us know if these suggestions don't solve the problem.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:59 AM

I have checked all the fuses in bother the dash on the drivers side and the ones under the hood. We also took a crank sensor from another caprice and that didnt solve the problem either. its so wierd on what it could be

Old 10-03-2010, 03:14 PM

Did you check the ECM for any codes?

Old 10-04-2010, 01:47 PM

no becuz we figured we have messed around with so many things before hand that it will just throw codes like crazy. This before the car stopped working.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:54 PM

It looks like you are going to start from scratch.
Do you have voltage to the ign module? After that do you have voltage to the coils?
Can you check if the crank and cam sensor are sending their signals to the module which would cause the coils to fire?
Let us know what you have or don't have.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:36 AM

hm ok! ill check that for sure, cuz that might be a huge help.

just some general info. did the roadmaster come with a 350 in it as well as the LS1?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:30 AM

94 Buick Roadmaster...?
So my mom has a 94 Roadmaster passed down to her through her parents. She has had the card for about 10 years now, and we are starting to have some problems with it. Sometimes it doesn't want to start, for no apparent reason, and we have replaced the battery in it SEVERAL times in the last 2 years. If I jump the car off with my Honda, everything is fine. We replaced the alternator, that seemed to be the answer for a few weeks, but its started it again. Before we replaced the altenator, we replaced the battery cables. The charging system has been checked. Before the altenator was replaced, it had a 10 volt drop somewhere. We haven't checked it since then. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be?

Quick Reply: '94 Roadmaster