Rendezvous Buick's entry into the mid sized sport utility vehicle market

Wiper Blades on Rendezvous

Old 05-13-2008, 08:34 AM

Hi Everyone. I am new to this forum. I am having problems with my wiper blades getting stuck with each other. I have purchased a shorter blade than required for the passenger side, but it still gets hung up with the driver's side blade. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks, Kris[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2009, 10:00 PM

It sounds like they need to be reset in the park position. check both arms for being tight.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:25 PM

Skydog is absolutely right. If someone tried to operate the wipers while they were loaded down or frozen to the glass, one arm can slip on the shaft putting the blades "out of sync", causing them to interfere with each other when their paths overlap. Another problem that I have seen several times can be attributed to the bushings on the wiper regulator linkages becoming worn or deformed. Since you don''t have the year or mileage of your car posted, it''s hard to say for sure. Lastly, remove your blades and check to see if the pivot pin that mounts the blade on the arm is actually in the center of the blade. Some aftermarket bladesare inconsistantdimensionally and can cause your problem. Even high quality blades can be of a design thatare meant to be installed directionally, but may not be marked. When you do findout, please post your results. I know you aren''t the only person having this problem, and I''m kind of curious myself as to what you find. Until then, you could always just drive on nice days.....![img]smileys/smiley8.gif[/img]