Rendezvous Buick's entry into the mid sized sport utility vehicle market

2002 Rendezvous CXL AWD

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 08:21 PM
Default 2002 Rendezvous CXL AWD

Hello! New user here and I bought an 02 rendezvous a few months back after my jeep Cherokee grenaded on me. Got the beast for 500 bucks with 117k so steal. I love the car but over a few months a have found some issues that many claim to have as well. First is my gas gauge, used to be erratic, back and forth between E and F but now after running a few tanks of additive it reads full until I have roughly 5 gallons left. Then E and fuel light. Any fixes yet? I just use my fuel used option which is still accurate just inconvenient. I also have a loud drone/hum from what seams to be the rear end, not on turns but when I go straight or normal driving. The faster I go the louder the noise is. No vibrations or awful sounds just annoying loud hum. Nothing seams to quiet the sound at all. I do know that the previous owner didn't know a lot about cars and just drove it but I don't have the money to throw parts at the thing to see what works (expensive fluid changes, diff replacement, etc.) Just to have it make more noise at the end of it. Some say that they are just noisey if so can someone just verify? I get that it is now a 16 year old car it won't be perfect and honestly it's a work vehicle anyway I do construction just don't know if it will cause big big problems to leave the hum be. Thank you!