News, Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on Buick Forum happenings! Just take a look...

2014 Buick Regal GS AWD

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 12:03 PM
IB Staff
Default 2014 Buick Regal GS AWD

Filed under: Sedan, Performance, Buick, New Car Reviews, Luxury

"This is just silly," I said as I laughed my way sideways around the icy track at Circuit ICAR, a racecourse, drag strip and kart track at the Montreal-Mirabel International Airport in Quebec. It wasn't the activity that had me cracking up, though. After all, winter driving experiences aren't uncommon in this business.

No, in this particular case, it was the car that had me chuckling. I wasn't in a mad hot hatch or a rally-derived rocket - I was in a Buick. The 2014 Regal GS, to be more precise. Somehow, despite its recent product renaissance (not to mention its distant - yet storied - history of performance models), I was having a hard time believing that this attractive, turbocharged, all-wheel-drive sedan sliding around the Great White North could possibly be wearing a Tri-Shield badge on its nose.

But it was, and slide about it did. While having access to a vehicle in this setting is fairly rare, what's rarer is the fact that I've had so much exposure to it. In Mr. Ewing's recent Volkswagen Golf R drive story, for instance, his ice capades were his first experience with the new model. In my case, though, I was lucky enough to first test the refreshed Regal GS for a week back in December before flying to Quebec to drive it on the snowy, icy, winding roads of Canada's most fiercely independent province and on the track at Mirabel.Continue reading 2014 Buick Regal GS AWD

2014 Buick Regal GS AWD originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...