Regal (1973-2004) Buick's sporty mid-sized sedan

Outside Mirrror Shakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 09:58 PM

Its a 2002 Regal LS. In recent times my left O/S mirror shakes. The mounting to body is solid but the head itself moves up and down a little. Just enough to distort rear vision. I found three screws underneath, all seem tight but getting to the two inside ones is a challenge. It will move up and down a little where the right side is solid.

I still haven't found a repair manual. I don't want to take off the door pannel as yet if there is a solution I don't see. I think where it swivels may be loose. Anybody had a similar problem? Suggestions on a good repair manual so I can see a break down before I take it apart? Oh, they are power mirrors. Thanks for your help.

reeoEdited by: Reeo

Old 01-05-2006, 12:17 AM

I've got the same probleme with my 94 regal some time ago. If my memory is good, unfasten the three screw under the mirror case, you will be able to take off the mirror part and correct your problem.

Old 01-06-2006, 02:42 AM

Well the outside one doesn't have anything to do with holding the mirror in. I thought it was a tension adjustment because its connected to a little plate under the mirror. The door is in the way of getting to the other two but they appear not to hold the mirror either. Ican fix it no problem if I had a book.

I rather just take it apart but I'm not sure how to take the mirror off. There is an inner plasticcover on the door that snaps in somehow. I read somewhere, some sort of plastic clipshould be replaced when you take that cover off. I'd prefer not to break something and regret that later. Maybe someone good give me a little info on taking off that inner plastic cover so I can get to the mirror mounting.

I noticed a Haynes book just come out this week. I use to sell those books so I'm reluctant to order one if the info is weak. Thanks for the reply any morethoughts are appreciated.