Regal (1973-2004) Buick's sporty mid-sized sedan

No aftermarket for the 96?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Default No aftermarket for the 96?

Sorry guys but I couldn't find the "REALLY STUPID QUESTIONS" forum to post this in. I've been to several performance sites and there doesn't seem to be ANYTHING aftermarket for the 1996. Were there really that many differences that even suspension components are incompatible? I can see the differences under the hood, with everything being on opposite sides of the engine bay and all, but even suspension parts? I understand the Supercharged engine wasn't optioned in 96, is that the only reason why it gets neglected, or are there truly that many changes over 1 model year to justify this? Do any of you guys know if I can do some swapping with a 97, steal the whole rear on both sides out of it and be able to run the aftermarket arms or will the frame be different? I'd like to see what I can do with the front end too, but even things like sway bars are 97 and up. I may do the supercharged engine into it next year, and that swap doesn't bother me a bit, but I'd like to have the handling to back it up. I really like this car so I don't want to get a 97. Any advise would be appreciated, thanks in advance, Imp558