Regal (1973-2004) Buick's sporty mid-sized sedan

left blinker makes engine die

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 10:56 AM
Question left blinker makes engine die

Hi ,

Owned my 2000 Regal for less than a week and so i'm very unfamiliar with the car, but can quickly learn.
My problem is that the engine dies when i put the left blinker on. The dash lights all come on right beforehand. Sometimes it will restart in N while coasting but had to actually put in P a couple times.

And my last issue is that it is not starting from a cold start all the time. This morning i had to pop the hood and remove the IGN fuse (#5) from the fuse/relay box to get it to start. It's not the battery cuz the whole dash dings and lights up while i sat there trying to start it.

I'm assuming i have a short in the blinker lever, but like i said, i have no knowledge of Buicks.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Kimberley

Old 02-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Default Fixed

okay i figured out my own problem. after doing some reading and research on the web about my Regal dying when i turn the left blinker on i learned that it is an ignition switch problem. this same research led me to believe it was above my skill level. i took my car to AAMCO and had it replaced 3 days ago. THE CAR IS FREEEEEEKIN PERFECT. no problems. nothing at all.
so tonight i went and bought all new speakers and now i need to know how to install them. LOL

Old 02-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Good to hear you found the problem and got it fixed!

The front speakers are fairly easy to install. Remove the trim around the door handle on the inside..there's a screw behind the handle. There's another screw/bolt under the arm rest/place where you pull the door closed from the inside. After that, you just have to pull the door panel out. Be careful not to break any clips. They can be stubborn, so you might have to use some force.

The back is a little more complicated. Do you have folding rear seats? If you don't, you'll have to remove the bottom and back of the seat. If you do have folding seats, you might be able to get at it by just removing the bottom, and the sides of the seatback. After this, you have to remove the rear package tray, which is held in by a few clips behind the seat cushion.

There are videos on youtube showing exactly how to change the rear speakers in the Regal/Century.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:03 PM
Default thank you

me too!! it is running excellent. not a peep, a leek, or a freekin thing.

Thank you for the speaker tips. The rear is a lot more involved than anyone on you tube or any car forum explained. I think i will have to make a realilistic video.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

That's a good idea about a video. You don't realize how involved it is until you have half your back seat apart and still don't have the speakers changed haha

Old 02-28-2014, 06:57 PM

your responses have been appreciated. thank you.