Project and Build Forum Post pics and step by step instructions for any projects or car builds you are working on to keep everyone updated.

1970 Buick GS Stage 1 455 Restoration Project. (Ongoing!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 12:40 AM
Default 1970 Buick GS Stage 1 455 Restoration Project. (Ongoing!)

I have been trying to learn a lot about this car. I researched about the 1987 Buick GNX and got about the same results: Practically nothing. I would want to know tips on how to...possibly restore one of these cars. My family has a 70 Stage 1 455. It's been sitting for 41 years, and I don't know what to do with it. It's mine now, and I own it, but I want to know more about the car, and I kinda need a lot of help with trying to restore this thing. If you have ANY tips, please let me know, because this project is really important to me and my family.I'm not very smart and I don't know much about how to restore a car, this is my first project, and is a big one. But, I know these things about the car itself:

1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1
2 Door Hardtop Coupe
Built in Flint, MI
And it's number 1,521 out of 1,800.
It has the TH400 3-Speed automatic, and that's basically all that I know about this car.
Well, not everything. I have basically everything original that came with the car, except for the window sticker.
Also, this is not a barn find, or an outside find, it's a garage find.
From what I had heard, the car had a rod knock occurrence, and it was parked. Then, the engine was partially taken apart for repair, but no one ever got around to repairing it. Luckily, I have photos of the car, and it looks in mint condition (For a 41 year old garage find). The inside has not been opened in a long while, but the doors open and shut perfectly. I got a chance to actually open the door, and there is no mold nor any rust. It's crazy, but enough about the car.
I am sorry that I am unable to post pictures of the actual car, but the forum is not letting me upload my files. ;(
Thank you for reading, have a nice day. :-)