PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free!! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Unmolested 1971 Skylark 2dr HT - 20k mile

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 01:46 AM

[img]uploads/morpwr8/6Z471_IMG_0637.jpg[/img]For sale is an unmolested 1971 Skylark 2dr hardtop being sold from the original owner with 20k miles.

My grandmother owned this car from the day it was new and it was garage kept the entire time. She stopped driving it 15 years ago and since then it’s sat inside her garage and hasn’t moved.

She recently passed away and we decided that it was best to sell the car to someone on one of the Buick forums who would be able to take advantage of such a find. If you want to restore one of these, you could spend a fortune on sheetmetal work and everything else. If you buy this one, you know that nobody else has messed with anything and that you can count on the fact that everything you see is 100% original.

I won’t say that grandma didn’t hit a few shopping carts…there are a few shallow dents, but the paint is still on them, so it couldn’t have been anything too hard. On the lower-lead edge of the rear quarters there’s a rust spot about the size of a quarter which could be easily patched. Also, the lower inch of both front fenders has a little rust, but again, can be easily fixed. All the floorpans are beautiful, the trunkpan is perfect and the drop panels in the trunk are solid as well.

It has a green interior with the bench seat and it’s like new. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the interior and looks like new.

Right now it has a straight six in it with a TH350 which runs ‘well’. It could use a tune up, but I did drive it around the block a bit and it runs just fine. I did put new oil in it before I started it up after sitting, which means nothing to a straight-six, but regardless, I wanted to make sure it had fresh oil.

I do know a buddy who has a Buick 455 / TH400 combo who would be willing to part with it in case you’d like to do a transplant. If you’re interested in it, just let me know when you reply about the car.

If anyone has questions, please let me know. I’d like to see this go to a good home, so if there’s anything I can clarify, etc…just send me an email. We are asking $6,100 obo for the Buick.

Thanks,
Bob-Edited by: morpwr8